1. Do I have to be a TPS member to rent space?
No. Our rental spaces are available to all groups for non-commercial, artistic endeavors. However, certain restrictions may apply. Be sure to mention your intended use of the space at the time you submit your rental request.
2. Can I run a workshop or class at Studio 4?
Yes, provided it is arts-based. Please note that higher rental rates will apply for workshops or classes when participants are charged a fee.
3. What is your cancellation policy?
TPS has a seven day cancellation policy. You must contact TPS seven full days before the reserved date otherwise you will be financially responsible for the time you have booked. For cancellations received within the required timeframe, a credit will be issued to the account.
4. How early can I arrive at my rehearsal room? Can I stay later if I need to?
Your rehearsal room will be available at the time you booked it for. If you need access to the room earlier in order to load in, set up, etc., you will need to request that additional time when you book the space. Likewise, if you need additional time at the end of your event to load out or clean up, you will need to request that additional time when you book the space. Please note that the rehearsal rooms are often booked back to back, so it is important that you request the actual time you need.
5. How do I get into the room?
The room will be unlocked at the time you have booked. Do not lock the door after you leave as another group may be using the room after you. Seattle Center security locks the rooms in the evening after the last rental has left.
6. Can I rent all of the rooms?
No. The maximum number of rooms any one group can rent at a time is four.
7. Can I request a specific room?
Yes. On the rental request form there is a section for additional comments where you can state your room preference. However, TPS often may not be able to accommodate your request. Requests for rooms are filled on a first come, first served basis. The earlier you submit your request, the better chance you will have of getting the room you want.
8. Can my group break off and meet in areas other than the room we’ve rented?
No. You will need confine all of your group’s activities to the room you have rented. Hallways outside of the rehearsal rooms, the 2nd floor food court, the stairwells, or any other public areas are not to be used for rehearsals or meetings.
9. Can my kids wait for me in the hallway while I’m in rehearsal?
No. Unfortunately, children cannot be left unattended anywhere in the Center House. Anyone that is connected to your event will have to remain in the rented room.
10. Can I drive onto the Seattle Center campus for loading/unloading purposes?
Yes, but restrictions do apply. The vehicle entrance to the Seattle Center Campus access is located at 2nd Avenue & Thomas Street. Normal delivery hours for the Seattle Center are Monday-Friday morning until 11am. If you are able to load-in during these hours you will not need any additional permits. Access to the campus at any other time requires clearance from Seattle Center Security. In order to get permission to drive on campus during non-delivery hours, you will need to contact the TPS Rental Manager with at least seven days advance notice. Due to security measures at the Seattle Center, we are not able to grant loading privileges without seven days advance notice. You may park your vehicle on the Seattle Center grounds while loading/unloading only after which you must exit the campus and park elsewhere. Vehicles left beyond the time allotted for loading will be towed.
11. What time are the rental rooms available?
Our spaces are available for rent from 9am to 11pm. However, The Armory (formerly Center House) doors are locked at 9pm, unless prior arrangements are made. If you expect people to arrive after 9pm, you must inform TPS at the time of your rental request. Per Seattle Center regulations, anyone leaving The Armory after 9pm must leave the building via the north end, first floor exit.
12. Is there a place to store things while I use the studios?
Theatre Puget Sound has limited areas available for storage. All storage requests and terms of agreement must be approved by TPS prior to use. Storage is restricted to the duration of rehearsals at TPS–no long term use.Theatre4/Black Box:With approval, renters may tuck things upstage of T4/BB curtains in a compact, organized manner that is out of the way of any walking paths and does not block access to room inventory or cleaning items. Renters assume responsibility of the risks associated with stored items in a non-secure location.Studio F and Studio G’s Anti-Room Studio F is used as TPS storage, piano repair, and green room/dressing room for productions using Theatre4. This space is available to rent out for $20 a day, under the following conditions:
1) The items in storage can be compact, organized, and out of the way of any walking paths.
2) Studio F can only be used when there is not a production in Theatre4.
3) TPS may offer half off the rental fee ($10/day) in exchange for volunteer projects. TPS would determine the scope of the project and look at the availability/resources the renter can offer. Projects to reduce rental fee are not guaranteed. Studio Cabinets TPS has cabinets available for props and small items. These are available to use with a $10 refundable deposit for a lock issued by TPS. No personal locks permitted. Cabinets are located: Studio B; Between Studios D&E; Studio G; Theatre4
For any questions that are not addressed above, please contact:
Rental Manager, Theatre Puget Sound
The work of TPS is possible because of the generosity of friends like you, and every single dollar makes an impact. Will you give a gift today to help us foster and advocate for a robust and equitable theatre community?