Casting Call for New Rainier Seltzer Campaign
About the project and the company
RELEASE DATE: Fri. March 26, 2021
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Weds, March 31, 2021, 12pm
WHAT: NON-UNION commercial video campaign for the launch of Rainier’s new hard seltzer
PAY: $500 Session + $3000 Usage
USE: 1 year digital, worldwide (agency and client historical uses in perpetuity)
Callback Audition on April 7, 2021
Shoot on April 21, 2021
Fitting on April 14, 2021
DNA is casting a performer for a brand new campaign for Rainier. We’re looking for 1x 55-75yo man to play the role of “Ron Yaier,” the lead scientist at the fictional Rainier Center for Discovery. In this campaign, Ron’s team has spent years studying and searching for the elusive Rainier Seltzers and he’s finally found them; this discovery is the pinnacle of his career.
Ideally, we’re looking for talent with some improv experience, who would feel comfortable riffing on set in addition to memorizing lines. Ron is enthusiastic, genuine, and endearingly nerdy.
Ethnicity: Open to all
Energy: Bright-eyed, buoyant, genuine and curious. We are in search of someone who can bring heartfelt enthusiasm and sincerity to this role. Someone who is of older age but young at heart.
Physicality: It will help to be spry and physically capable of getting outside and crouching down on the ground.
Background: Improv experience is strongly preferred
Inspiration for Personality and Vibe: Ciscoe Morris, Phil Lesh
- Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Contact Phone #:
- Availability for callback on 4/7:
- Availability for shoot on 4/21:
- Availability for fitting on 4/14:
- Please email recent phone camera photo AND video audition submission to email@example.com. See video audition prompts and direction below:
VIDEO AUDITION SUBMISSION DIRECTION:
Please submit recorded video of yourself delivering the following performances:
- Scripted: Record the following script directly to camera. You can use any similarly sized prop to sub for the seltzer can.
We open on a talking head interview of Ron, explaining some key scientific details to the camera.
RON: Now, there are three subspecies of Rainier Seltzers.
RON: And you can identify them by lookin’ at their bellies.
Ron pulls out a freshly-caught seltzer to demonstrate to camera, examining and pointing out the apple illustration on the can’s label, while explaining to the audience.
RON: See? This one here’s an apple and you can tell because, there’s an apple.
- Improvised – In character, please record yourself acting out the following prompts (please limit to <60 seconds per prompt)
- Tell us a little how you got into this field; What led you to join the Rainier Center for Discovery?
- Find a book, leaf through its pages studiously, then reveal your “a-ha!” moment once you’ve found what it is you’ve been searching for.
- Tell us a little about your favorite animal or plant species.
Ron Yaier has his idiosyncrasies. Feel free to incorporate any or all of these quirks into your audition, or bring your own ideas into the mix:
– Ron’s eyes get really wide when he’s excited about something. And he’s usually excited about something
– He has to squint really hard to look at things, so much so that every single muscle in his face plays an active role in focusing.
– If he’s talking about his work, there’s a 99.9% chance he’s using his hands to convey his passion for the subject.
– When he wants to make a point, he raises his eyebrows and looks intently at the camera, as if to say “You got that, mister?”
– Ron has got serious pep in his step. When he’s on the move, he’s got an animated gait.
***This video does not have to be professional – a video recorded with your phone is just fine.***
Gender: Male Age: 55-75 Ethnicity: Open to all Energy: Bright-eyed, buoyant, genuine and curious. We are in search of someone who can bring heartfelt enthusiasm and sincerity to this role. Someone who is of older age but young at heart. Physicality: It will help to be spry and physically capable of getting outside and crouching down on the ground. Background: Improv experience is strongly preferred Inspiration for Personality and Vibe: Ciscoe Morris, Phil Lesh
Preferred method of submission
$500 Session + $3000 Usage