Box Office Manager - Permanent, Part-Time or Full-Time
Studio East Training for the Performing Arts
About the project and the company
Studio East Training for the Performing Arts is a non-profit organization founded on the belief that the performing arts can make a difference in the lives of our children. Children who learn and practice the discipline, dedication, and teamwork required by the craft of theater develop skills that will be valuable assets throughout their lives, no matter what career they choose to pursue.
Studio East is seeking a Box Office Manager to join our administrative team. The Box Office Manager, which can be a part-time or full-time role, is responsible for all tickets and group bookings for both Studio East and StoryBook Theater performances, managing our ticketing software, and overseeing additional box office staff or volunteers. The successful candidate enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative environment and embodies our commitment to excellent customer service.
Box Office Manager Duties: • Communicate via phone/email with patrons to answer questions, sell tickets to performances, and manage ticketing email inbox. • Season preparation: - Set up show schedules and performances into software for each season. In coordination with Marketing, make sure the website reflects all necessary information for each show. - Manage patron information and enter ticket sales data into software. - Check box office related details on websites as needed. • Payment Handling: Take credit card, cash, and check payments and record into ticketing software. - Provide daily, weekly, and periodic reports for all sales to accounting. - Provide weekly ticket sales reports to management and artistic staff. - Provide production close and season end reports to management. • Weekend Box Office: - Set up weekend box office materials such as will-call lists and tickets, laptop and materials for offsite performances, and communicate with House Manager regarding each performance, such as VIP patrons or customers requiring additional assistance. - Sometimes work weekend performances and weekday school show performances. - Reconcile weekend ticket sales on the Monday after a show, including cash counting and any necessary changes. School Show Coordination: • Work with area teachers and school administrators to coordinate field trips for weekday StoryBook Theater performances. • Set up weekday matinee box office materials such as seating charts and communicate with House Manager regarding each performance. • Manage contract generation and payment handling in advance with school partners. Backup Assistance to Office Manager: • Answer phones as needed for patron questions, transfer calls, take messages, etc. • Assist with student emergency form processing, data entry, and registration related tasks. • Provide information about Studio East classes and productions. • Assist with daily opening or closing tasks. • Assist with setup and materials for all education programs including summer camps and classes. • Other administrative duties as assigned.
* 1-2 years of Customer Service * 1-2 years of ticketing system/CRM/point of sale experience
• Box office/Front of House and ticketing software experience • Experience in customer service - in person, over the phone, and online • Mission-driven and eager to learn • Highly detail oriented and efficient • Excellent written and verbal communications skills • Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Access, and Outlook • Experience with WordPress and-Salesforce a plus • Able to solve problems, set priorities, and take initiative • Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team • Patient and flexible, able to remain calm, professional, and friendly under pressure • Displays highest standards in ethics, values, and confidentiality
• Part-time or full-time, dependent on candidate preference, non-exempt
• 30-40 hours/week
• Some evenings and weekends required, including on call capacity
• CPR & First Aid certification required upon hire
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis
• Will require proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon hire
• Must pass background check
• This job will require onsite work at Studio East and offsite work at local theaters
• Complimentary tickets for Studio East and StoryBook Theater performances
• Family discounts for classes and camps
Preferred method of submission
Studio East Training for the Performing Arts